WHAT DOES A SPARTAN VOLUNTEER DO?
Spartan Volunteers are the backbone of every Spartan Race. As a Spartan Race volunteer, you will ensure that our racers and spectators have an epic experience.
Your efforts make the Spartan Race the best obstacle racing series, and ensure a great experience for thousands of participants. Spartan Race would not be what it is without you and your motivation!
We have different missions for you as a volunteer: on festival area, on the race, on registration…
Spartan Volunteers work closely with Spartan Race staff in the following areas:
- Obstacle enforcement: control the security on obstacles, encourage Spartans, control penalties (Burpees), control the participants flow, contact medical in case of emergency, be at the aid station (you will work on 2-3 posts during the day)
- Registration: Welcome of participants, giving the Spartan pack…
- Bag check for racers: Welcome of participants, reception and distribution of racers bag.
- Start and Finish Line operations: Final aid station, t-shirts distribution, management of the flow, organisation of the start and control.
- Logistics: Various tasks on the festival area. Helping other posts (registration, bag check…), start line…
What’s in it for me?
- A free entry to any Western European Races Sprint, Super or Beast. You can use your free race at the event you volunteer, or at any future race.
(One day of volunteering = 1 Sprint or Super, Two days of volunteering = 1 Beast)
Be Careful, a free code will be give to you at the Volunteer Tent at the end of your volunteering day. It will not be possible to run the same day of volunteering, we need you all day long. We allow people to run the day before of the volunteering day. If you run the previous day, go to the volunteer tent from 10am in order to receive a voucher in exchange of a security deposit which will be returned at the end of your day of volunteering. Do not pay online or you will not be reimbursed ! If your run the day after the volunteering or during an other race, go to the volunteer tent directly. For more informations, please take a look to our Spartan Volunteer FAQ.
- A Spartan Volunteer tee shirt
- Snacks and lunch
- Free parking entry
- Additional exciting perks for full day volunteers may be offered
- A fun, action filled day helping to put on the best obstacle course race in the world!
How do I sign up?
Follow these simple steps!
STEP 1: Be sure to read through the Spartan Volunteer FAQ.
STEP 2: Select the race you are interested in from the drop down, and fill out your information. Make sure to pay special attention when typing your email address, because this is how we will get in touch with you. You will receive information about 10 days before the event.
STEP 3: Pay close attention to your email, especially as the race gets closer. Your Volunteer Coordinator will send you all final details, parking passes, etc. via email.
STEP 4: BURPEES. Make sure you know how to do a proper burpee HERE!
STEP 5: Show up! If you sign up, we expect you to show up. We need you!
I have a question that wasn’t answered in the FAQ, how do I contact the specific Volunteer Coordinator for my race?
All Volunteer Coordinators can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just make sure to include the race location you are interested in when you email.
Thank you, Spartan Volunteers!
Do not forget to join our Volunteer Facebook Group!
We couldn’t do this without you!